Saturday, November 17, 2012

I am grateful for the many people in our lives who came to be in our family because of Robert, a memorial service never to forget at his school

Dear friends and honorary family members of our Yates family
I was astounded at what you did for us to uplift us, all for the sake of Robert's memory, in his perfectly beautiful memorial service at his school yesterday.
From the beautiful music
 
including the rendition of Over the Rainbow by ukele which I do not have a photo of but I loved it,
to the many speeches of how Robert changed so many lives, it eased us and soothed us who are here at home, going on getting by without our sweet Robert.
As we have always felt that there was something more to Robert than can ever be expressed in a
regular way,  so you affirmed that, so powerfully and genuinely that we were just completely brought to a level of happiness I didn't think we could achieve right now. And we couldn't, without all of you.
I am not publishing photos which will impinge upon anyone's privacy, I hope.
Here are just a few.
 Here is a photo some of  the many many people who were attending and also who made this happen.

The easels are four posters full of photos of Robert through the years, which the teachers had taken and arranged beautifully. The large screen had a big picture of Robert on it!

I am up at the podium with one of Robert WONDERFUL teachers.
Robert loved school.
If you had the teachers Robert had, and went to Robert's schools, YOU would love school to.
He never wanted to miss school!
I always knew why, but I truly saw through Robert's teachers and friends even more why.
This memorial was to dedicate a birdhouse to Robert in the garden of the school.
In the end, there were four birdhouses, one for EACH  school he attended and one for us. I am holding ours. I have never had such a treasure. Robert loved birds most of all. I do not know who made it! I will find out.
It is a true work of art, just like Robert.
Jim and I thank you all and love you all.

Here is a link to Somewhere Over the Rainbow as sung by IZ, on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=V1bFr2SWP1I&feature=endscreen
love,
Jeannie


9 comments:

Spider Monkey said...

It is beautiful that they would do this for you and that they honoured Robert in this way. Sending you lots of love as always. xxx

Jean said...

Thank you, my dear friend!
xox!!! jean

Jehannamama said...

How very beautiful and oh how many tears... he was so very loved and appreciated. I think you had a lot to do with that, too, Jean.

Jean said...

Thank you so much Jehannamama. I just cried a little when you wrote that but it made me feel good. You are very sweet. :)
xoxox! jean

Erin S said...

Wonderful! The bird houses are such an incredible idea!

Jean said...

Thank you Erin! I still have yet to read something I am looking forward to from you but you KNOW I will love it!!!
Get to work on the next ones!
:::::::whiplash sound :)

love you, jean xox

Joan Tucker said...

wonderful wonderful.. over the rainbow. Joan t

Jean said...

Yes Joan. We were floored by the beauty of the sheer love we were given in this amazing way.
love, jean xoxox!

Anonymous said...

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.


[url=http://cheapjordans2013.nichesite.org/]air jordans[/url]


[url=http://jerseys2015.mydiscussion.net/]Raiders Jersey[/url]