I. jean, am back, having never thought that I could seriously feel thankful for anything again, ever.
If you had a list called Ten Things to Complain about I would have sniffed at that too, because I was too busy almost dying to be bothered. However, I am not dead and have no plans to shuffle off this mortal coil any time soon. Maybe in 35 years or so, I am 63--you do the math. I am going to be like one of those old Russian peasants who mystify everyone by living to be really, really, old.They smoke, they drink tons, and they carouse around until they are 126 years old and had their interview on how they got to live so long, which invariably involves tobacco and yogurt. Let's dooo that thing! Let's live that long! Without the tobacco and yogurt.
But I digress.
Getting back to the subject at hand, thanks to all the great creators of this hop. I love you all. You got me out of my desultory clam shell to write again.
Here goes the link to some lovely people, spearheaded by the originator,
Considerer Lizzi Rogers the Lovely,on her blog Summat to Think On ,
as well as all the gang:
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Hop on over and check them out!
Here is my Thankful list.
1) Incredibly thankful I am once again single and no longer have the shackles of a crappy marriage dragging me down. The pretense of that was dopey.
2) I am thankful for my kids and my family.
3) Obviously, I am thankful I am not dead.
4) I am thankful for Bruce Willis
here is a very up to date depiction of Bruce Willis. Maybe. Why watch anything else on HBO when Bruce is on, I ask you. I have seen all the Die Hards eighty bazillion million times
5) I am thankful for pretty weddings if they are not my own
This came from a blog I found called The Frosted Petticoat
I don't drink but this be looking banging
6) I am thankful for my leetle friend asterisk* who usually appears as thankful #8 but I remembered early
7) I am thankful for films where whole teams of guys triumph over adversity.
What is your favorite one?
*) I am thankful for the bemusement I feel when I check out FB and nothing has happened in the entire year I eschewed it. What is it good for?
9) I am thankful for my hat (picture below)
which is from the wonderful folks at The Wakefield Doctrine
--well, Clark. Thanks Clark. I love it and when I am not using it as part of my decor,
I wear it. I like wearing it at the Scotts Corner Market
in town, where people see me and because of my hat ask me where the
guacamole is, and the scotch tape. Very cool! Thank you so much!!!
10) I am thankful for Paraiba Tourmalines, like this one below